The Programme is co-financed from the European Social Fund under the Operational Programme Knowledge, Education, Development, a non-competitive project entitled “Supporting the institutional capacity of Polish HEIs through establishing and conducting international studies curricula”, implemented under Measure 3.3 Internationalisation of the Polish higher education, specified in the application for project co-financing No POWR.03.03.00-00-PN 16/18.
The main aim of the Programme “KATAMARAN – Establishing and conducting joint second-cycle studies” is to support Polish higher education institutions in the scope of creating and implementing international curricula on joint second-cycle studies leading to obtaining a joint or double diploma. Specific aims of the Programme are to increase the number of joint second-cycle studies curricula offered by Polish HEIs and to improve the quality of education by implanting international experience at Polish HEIs. Within this programme different projects are financed with the aim to establish the curricula of joint international second-cycle studies and to open enrolment for studies.
The Programme is implemented as part of the project “Supporting the institutional capacity of Polish HEIs through establishing and conducting international studies curricula” within the Operational Programme Knowledge Education Development, co-financed from the European Social Fund.
Academic teachers from the Institute of Biological Sciences KUL together with their colleagues from the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences at the International University of Sarajevo (Bosnia and Hercegovina) received the funding for the project “Preparation of an international master study and recruitment in biological sciences provided by KUL and IUS” to establish a second-degree study programme in Bioanalytical Technologies.
Scientific projects are about:
- Plant substances with biological activity
- Interaction of cyanobacteria toxins, pesticides, antibiotics and immune systems of cold-blooded and warm-blooded animals
- Immunobiotechnology, cytophysiology and molecular toxicology
- Obtaining and analysis of physicochemical properties as well as application of nanomaterials
- Natural microbial diversity and its biotechnological application
- Molecular mechanisms regulating protein synthesis in the cell under normal and stress condition
- Investigation on biotechnological, nonconventional methods of energy attaining.